The 8th Global Armenian High Tech Business Conference, on October 12, 2015, "Armenia Marriott" hotel.
ArmTech 2015, the 8th Global Armenian High Tech Business Conference took place on 12 October, 2015. Held under the patronage of the Prime Minister of Armenia, it is dedicated to highlight the growth of Armenia’s high-tech industry that is of strategic importance for development of the economy, foster international cooperation and investment opportunities, improve communications and cooperation with and within the Armenian high-tech industry, and raise the global awareness on the high-tech industry of Armenia.
The Conference was organized by the Ministry of Economy of Armenia jointly with Enterprise Incubator Foundation.
ArmTech 2015 has attracted about 350 industry professionals, representatives of local technological companies and multinational corporations, public bodies and international organizations, startup community, R&D institutions, and academia.
This year the ArmTech Congress was marked with participation of outstanding guests - renowned keynote speakers representing international and multinational organizations and the Diaspora. Particularly, among the keynotes were Vahe Torossian, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft, Robert Morton, Vice President Product Marketing of National Instruments, Peter Gevorgyan, Founding Director of VectorDeltaDesign, Hovhannes Avoyan, Co-Founder/CEO of PicsArt and other distinguished representatives of tech community.
The Conference evolved around three main topics:
- High Tech Industry in Armenia - Recent Development and Success Stories,
- Start-up Acceleration and Regional Development,
- Education, Research & Professional Development.
ArmTech 2015 was specially marked with the fact that for the first time, in the framework of ArmTech Congress a special session was held in Nagorno Karabakh Republic with high-level government officials, heads of leading technology companies, young professionals and students participating, 150 participants in total. The main topics of the Karabagh session were: IT Industry in Artsakh. Development Perspectives and Education and Startup Acceleration.
Participants of the NKR session had an opportunity to visit the Artsakh Technology Center and TUMO center of creative technologies.
Also, two events were held in parallel with ArmTech 2015 at the same venue:
- Venture Conference of the Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) during which 26 investment projects selected out of 90 candidates were presented to the Armenian-US evaluation committee. The projects were developed by Armenian teams, researchers and start ups for IT, high-tech, clean-tech and engineering industries in the framework of From Idea to Market grant program. Ahead of the Venture Conference a two-day Mentorship session with US and Armenian mentors involved, had been organized in Tsakhkadzor for the 50 finalist teams to get ready for the pitching. In result of the conference five teams were selected as winners and awarded with money prizes.
- The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme for SMEs in Armenia. Cleantech Armenia National Business Ideas Competition with participation of 24 accelerated teams selected out of 46 those who had applied to the contest with business ideas. The selected teams presented their business models during the final event held in parallel with ArmTech. As a result, 4 winner teams were awarded with money prizes to be used for the development of tech solution prototype. One of the mentioned 4 teams has been selected as a national winner that was awarded with an additional grant to be used for participation in the Global Business Forum of «Cleantech Open» (acceelerator operating in the US) to be held on 19-21 November, 2015, in Silicon Valley where the business model will be presented to venture funds, investors and clean-tech experts.